for 5 persons
[ Sushi rice ]
- sake4-5 tablespoon
- dashikonbu4-5 pieces of 5cm square
[ Awasezu ]
- Sugar1-2 cups
- salt2 tablespoon
- vinegar1 cup (add 10% more in summer)
[ fried egg ]
- big eggs3 (for 1 sheet)
- sugar3 tablespoon
- salt1/4 teaspoon
- dashi1 tablespoon
- sake1 tablespoon
- katakuriko (starch)1/2 teaspoon
[ other ingredients ]
- Kanpyou, nori, pickles (haduke, ginger, naraduke, yamagobou), fried egg, cheese, sausages, vegetables (ingen, spinach, cucumbers, shiso, shiitake mushrooms, carrots)
- pink powder vinegaras needed
- Wash good-quality rice, drain in a strainer and leave for 1 hour before cooking.
- Cook rice, leave it for 10 – 13 minutes to steam and put into handai.
- Mix all the ingredients of awasezu, mix with rice, leave the rice for 3-4 minutes and quickly cool it down.
- Take 1/3 rice and mix with pink power vinegar to color.
- Once the rice gets cooled down to body temperature, cover it with a wet towel.
Place the rice tenderly and do not knead or press. Roll it so that each piece of rice looks pointing from the cut side.
Information provided by : Local cooking, the taste of Chiba