[ Summer ]
[ Autumn, spring ]
[ Winter ]
- Mix salt in specified amount of water
- Add salty water to flour a little at a time while mixing to create an even consistency.
- Roll into balls, put in a plastic bag, cover with a goza mat and walk on mat to knead. Roll into balls again and repeat
- Put into a plastic bag and leave to sit (Summer: 30-60 min, spring / autumn: 1-2 hours, winter: 2-3 hours)
- Press with feet until around 2cm thick. Sprinkle with flour and roll out with a rolling pin
- Fold over onto self several times and cut to 3-4mm strips. Pick up the middle of the noodles, and throw onto bench to spread.
- Boil in ample water for 10-12 minutes. (Stir noodles at first to avoid clumping)
- Drain when cooked and rinse in cold water, rubbing with fingers to remove slimy texture. Divide into individual portions to serve.
Information provided by : Division of Agriculture Management, Agriculture, Forestry and Fishery, Kagawa Prefecture