for １０ persons
- middle-sized donko greenling1
- daikon radish1/2
- soy sauce1 tablespoon
- vinegar1 tablespoon
- sake rice wine1/2 tablespoon
- Gut the greenling – only the meat and liver are used for cooking. Grill the whole fish until it is completely cooked. Get rid of bones and flake the meat.
- Make a little box using aluminium foil, put the liver in, and simmer. When cooked, add soy sauce and sake. Simmer again.*Thoroughly cooking the meat and liver helps rid them of the fishy smell.
- Wash the daikon radish, grate it coarsely, and drain. Boil water in a pot, add the grated daikon,bring it to boil, and drain. Rinse under cold water, and drain.
- Squeeze the daikon thoroughly, and mix it with donko flakes and seasoned liver. Add vinegar to taste.
Information provided by : Agriculture Promotion Division, Iwate Prefectural Office