[ Dough ]
- flour (locally sourced or all-purpose)1kg
- water3.5 cups
[ filling ]
- appropriate quantity of seasonable vegetables (daikon, carrots, Chinese cabbage, green onions, etc.)as needed
- oila little
- misoa little
- seasoninga little
- add water to flour and knead. Dough should be a little softer than an earlobe (adjust water quantity accordingly)
- cover with a damp cloth and leave to sit for 30 min - 1 hour
- julienne daikon and carrots on a mandoline. Cut Chinese cabbage to 5mm length and chop green onion finely.
- blanch daikon and Chinese cabbage and squeeze to wring out excess water. Mix with oil, miso, and seasoning.
- roll out dough (2.) and wrap filling (4.).
- place oyaki in a pan and cook both sides on high heat. Cover and cook a further 20 minutes on low heat.