for 4 persons
- buri sashimi8 slices
- turnips with leaves2
- dashi kobu1
- yuzu peelas needed
- salt (coarse salt is preferred)1 teaspoon
- Peel turnips, cut into halves lengthwise, then again into halves crosswise. Then make a cut for buri to put in. Cut stems into 2cm in length. Shred dashi kobu and carrots.
- Sprinkle the half portion of salt over turnips, the stems and carrots, keep in a container and leave in the fridge over night. Repeat it for buri.
- Drain the salted turnips. Wipe the water from buri with paper towel. Mix dashikobu with amazake.
- Dip buri into the amazake mixture, and put it into the slit of turnips. In a clean container, place turnips, carrots and stems, pour the amazake mixture, tightly close the lid and leave for 2 to 3 days in the fridge. Drain (take out) the water once a day.
- Place it on a plate, garnish with yuzu peel.
Information provided by : 100 Selections of Traditional Cuisines of Farms and Fisheries