- carps (1 to 1.5kg)2 -3
- ginger1 middle size
- sudare (or straws and dashikombu)
[ A for 1 carp ]
- sugar1.5 to 2 cups or less
- soy sauce2 cups
- mirin2 cups
- Remove scales from carps, and rinse them quickly with water.
- Remove the gallbladder carefully without breaking it, and make cuts on the backside of carp so the flavor soaks into it.
- Put A in a pan and heat to boil.
- Place sudare or straws in the pan, carps and ginger (cut into thick slices), and cook for 2 to 3 hours over medium heat. (dashikombu can be used instead of sudare or straws)
- Add a little water once at times while cooking so the carps are fully covered all the time to get the flavor soaked into carps.
- Remove from heat once carps get a luster. Carefully remove carps from the pan, and dish out.
Information provided by : おいしい信州ふーど（風土）ネット