for 4 persons
- soy sauce300cc
- sake rice wine300cc
- Leave the locusts in a hemp sack for a few hours so that they eliminate feces in the digestive tract, before cooking them in a large pan of boiling water and drain.
- Wash the cooked locusts with water and drain.
- If you prefer to remove the legs, freeze them in a bag, and knead them in that bag. Use a strainer to separate the legs from the rest.
- Simmer sugar, soy sauce and sake, and add locusts.
- Simmer at high heat, and then on a medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes.
- When the sauce begins thicken, simmer for another 20 minutes while constantly mixing it with a spatula.
*It is easier to use a large pan.
Information provided by : Yamagata cuisine recipe book Yamagata Kyodo Ryori Tanbo