for ４ persons
- shiitake mushrooms2
- gobo burdock80g
- sliced pork80g
- miso paste50g
- broth5 cups
- Seasonal greens, as neededlittle
[ Suiton dumplings ]
- wheat flour200g
- Cut potato into chunks and soak them in water. Cut gobo into thin slices and soak them in water.
- Cut carrot into quarter-rounds, and slice shiitake mushrooms.
- Cut pork into bite-size pieces.
- Bring broth to boil, add 1-3, and simmer while skimming off the scum.
- To make dumplings, beat the egg, add water and salt and mix well, before adding wheat flour.
- Season the soup with miso, scoop the dumpling dough with a spoon, and drop it into the soup. Simmer until the dumplings float to the surface.
- Serve the soup in a bowl, and garnish it with chopped greens.
*The above ingredients are an example. Use fresh seasonal vegetables.
Information provided by : Tochigi Prefecture Agricultural Advisory Board