Autumn soup dish with plenty of vegetables
Kenchin Jiru is a vegetarian soup dish that is commonly cooked in autumn and winter using seasonal local harvest. It can also be made in spring and summer, with different kinds of seasonal vegetables.
for ４ persons
- daikon radish300g
- gobo burdock50g
- shiitake mushroom50g
- niboshi dried sardine10 pieces
- soy sauce40ml
- cooking oil6 tablespoons
- Cut daikon into quarter rounds.
- Cut carrot into half circles, or quarter rounds.
- Cut gobo in diagonal slices, and soak them in water to remove the bitterness.
- Cut taro into 1cm slices.
- Cut shiitake into 3 to 4 pieces.
- Cut konjac into bite-size pieces and cook them in boiling water.
- Cut leek into 2cm diagonal slices.
- Heat cooling oil in a pot, and stir-fry the ingredients 1-6.
- Break tofu with your fingers and add them to the pot.
- Add broth and niboshi (get rid of the heads and guts), and simmer until the vegetables are cooked soft.
- Add soy sauce and salt, and simmer until the vegetables are softer.
- Add leek slices.
Information provided by : Tochigi Prefecture Agricultural Advisory Board