for 4 persons
- thin slices of Yamagata beef400g
- konjac1 bag
- water6 cups
- sake rice wine4 tablespoons
- sugar4 tablespoons
- soy sauce6 tablespoons
- salta pinch
- Peel taro, cut them into bite-size pieces, rub them with salt and wash them with water before cooking them in boiling water.
- Cut beef slices into 4cm long strips. Cut leeks in diagonal pieces.
- Break konjac with fingers into bite-size pieces, cook them in boiling water, and drain.
- Put water and 2 tablespoons of sake in a pan, and cook taro and konjac for six minutes.
- Add beef and the remaining seasonings.
- Skim off the scum and simmer.
- Add leeks when the taro pieces are cooked soft.
*Other ingredients, depending on the region, include mushrooms, ito konjac (konjac cut into noodle-like strips), and daikon radish.
Information provided by : Yamagata cuisine recipe book Yamagata Kyodo Ryori Tanbo