for ３ persons
- churikiko (midium-grade flour)400g
- udon soup (mentsuyu)300g
- Shift flour.
- Add salt and egg to water, add the mixture to flour little by little, then mix them with fingers until it becomes flakes.
- Once the water mixture and flour are roughly mixed, put it all together, and knead until it gets a luster. Once it gets smooth, cover with cling film or wet cloth, and leave for 2 hours in summer, or overnight in winter.
- Put the dough in a plastic bag, and step on the dough with feet to make it flat.
Dust the working surface with flour, place the dough on it, and roll it out to 3 to 4 mm thick. Fold the dough like an accordion of 10cm width.
- Cut the dough into same sizes of thickness and width. Push a knife from the near side to cut the dough. Dust the cut dough with flour, separate them and make sure they will not stick to each other.
- Add noodles into plenty of boiling water (3 litters of water for 200g noodles), stir them, and cook over high heat for 12 minutes until noodles are fully cooked.
- Put all the noodles and water into tarai. Serve with mentsuyu, shredded negi and shredded ginger.
Information provided by : とくしまの郷土料理