for ６ persons
- buckwheat flour500g
- wheat flour1/2 cup
- boiling water1/2 cup
- water1/2 cup
[ Dipping sauce ]
- water6 cups
- Niboshi dried sardines, kombu seaweed, carrots as neededas needed
- Soy sauce, sake rice wine, as neededas needed
[ Garnish ]
- Make broth with niboshi, kombu, and carrots. Season it with soy sauce and sake.
- Spare 1/2 cup of soba flour for kneading. Mix the rest with wheat flour, and add boiling water. Make sure that the water is evenly spread.
*It is best using freshly-ground soba flour.
- Beat the egg, and add 1/2 cup of water.
- Add the egg and water mix to 2. Knead well until the dough feels like your earlobe.
- Sprinkle the spared soba flour on a kneading board, and quickly roll out the dough using a rolling pin. It should be 2mm thick.
- Fold the dough into half, then into half again, and then into half again. Cut it into thin strips.
- Boil plenty of water in a big pot, and cook the noodles. Drain when they float to the surface. Rinse with water.
- Chop the leeks, add to the dipping sauce, and serve.
It can also be served in hot soup.
Information provided by : Agriculture Promotion Division, Iwate Prefectural Office