for [:ja]40個分/[:en]Serves40[:de]40個分/[:ru]40個分/[:es]40個分/[:fr]40個分/[:it]40個分/[:ko]40個分/[:th]40個分/[:zh]40個分/[:ch]40個分/[:] persons
- glutinous rice2.8kg
- briefly boiled yomogi4 cups
- bean paste2kg
- baking soda to remove harshnesslittle
- Remove harshness from the yomogi with baking soda.
- Steam the glutinous rice and pound them into mochi in a mortar. When it is half way done, add yomogi (1) and a little salt, and pound well.
◎Pound well after adding yomogi.
- Make 40 balls with the bean paste. Wrap them with pounded mochi.
◎Mochi will become tasty on its own when salt is added.
◎Mochi can be stretched and cut into rectangles without adding salt.
◎Covering the mochi with wet dish towels make the appearance good.
Information provided by : Aichi lore cuisine collection