for 15 persons
- Rice1 large bowl
- Raw fish（Snapper, goby etc…）500-700g
- Vinegar dressingVinegar 220cc/ Sugar 260g/ Salt 30g
[ Mixing ingredients ]
- Dried shiitake6
- Dried daikon30-40g
- Sesamesmall amount
[ A ]
- Soy sauce1/2cup
- SakeSmall amount
[ B ]
- Gingersmall amount
- Spring onion：Small amountsmall amount
- Wash rice and leave for 30 minutes. Cook in same amount of water.
- Slice carrots and burdock. Chop up shiitake and daikon.
- Season mixing ingredients with A. Boil down together.
- Prepare fish. Leave skin on and slice into bite size portions. Use 20g of salt to cure the fish for 1-2 hours.
After which, place fish in B and allow to cure further. (Fish should go white due to reaction with vinegar)
- Make sushi rice by adding vinegar mix while hot. Add mixing ingredients and mix.
- When 5 cools down add fish slices and mix with rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Information provided by : Kumamoto prefecture village building association