for ４～５ persons
[ For vinegar cure ]
- Salt2 tablespoons
- Rice2.5 bowls
[ Vinegar dressing ]
- Gingersmall amount
- Spring onionsmall amount
- Open shad from the back and remove bones and guts. Wash thoroughly.
- Sprinkle salt on ① and leave overnight. Wash fish in viegar and dry.
- Mix vinegar cure ingredients together and place fish inside for 4 to 5 hours.
- Wash rice and leave for 30 minutes. Steam. Add vinegar dressing once cooked, and ginger and green inion, Leave to cool.
- Take ② and pat dry. Take rice from ④ and stuff into the fish.
※Make sure to wash the gut cavity thoroughly.
※This dish has been eaten during celebrations since many years ago.
Information provided by : Kumamoto prefecture village building association