for ４ persons
- handa soumen3 bundles
[ Usuyaki tamago (egg) ]
- salt1 pinch
- oil2 teaspoons
[ Men tsuyu (sauce for noodles) ]
- dashi2 cups
- koikuchi soy sauce5 tablespoons
- mirin2 tablespoons + little more
- long dashi kobu2 x 10cm
[ Dried shiitake mushrooms ]
- dried mushrooms2
- white sugar2 teaspoon
- koikuchi soy sauce1 teaspoon
[ Other ingredients ]
- dried shrimps32g
- medium tomato1
- shiso leaves4
- ginger1 clove
- Soak dried shrimps and shiitake mushrooms in 700cc water and leave it overnight. Soak dashi kobu in water for 2 hours before cooking.
- Drain shrimps and shiitake mushrooms, and keep the water. Put the water from the shrimps and shiitake mushrooms, dashi and the water in a pan, and put on the heat. Remove dashi kobu right before boiling, add katsobushi in a dashi bag, simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, and remove from the heat.
- Take out 400cc of dashi from the pan, and add the koikuchi soy sauce, mirin and shrimps to dashi, heat to boil. Cool it down, and put in the fridge.
- Soak shiitake mushrooms in lukewarm water to hydrate, and cut into thin slices. Put dashi, shiitake mushrooms, sugar, soy sauce in a pan, and boil down until no liquid is left.
- Mix eggs and salt, and pan fry it to make a thin egg sheet. Cut it into thin slices. Cut tomato into 8 pieces into wedges, cut aonegi into small pices, and slice sudachi into rounds.
- Boil water in a large pan, add handa somen and stir. Once it comes to boil again, cook soumen for 3 to 5 minutes over low heat.
- Cook until desired firmness, drain and quickly rub and wash in water, and put it in water with ice blocks.
- Drain well, dish out with condiments.
Information provided by : とくしまの郷土料理