for 10 persons
- Konjak Potato400ｇ
- Lukewarm water1,400cc
- Sodium carbonate10g (or hydrated lime 2g)
- Wash the Konjak potato well with a blush, remove roots and red shoot. Peel.
- Cut the Konjak potatoes into pieces and boil for 1 and 1/2 hours until soften.
- Put boiled Konjak potatoes and 1,300cc lukewarm water into a blender and mix it. You might need to do this 3 or 4 separate times if the blender is small. Let it sit for 30minutes.
- Let sodium carbonate dissolve in 100cc water and this makes a coagulating agent.
- Mix “3” well and add a coagulating agent and quickly mix them. Now it should be glue like substance.
- Pour the mix into a mold. Wet hands and let the surface of mix flat by tapping the surface.
- 7. After the mix being harden, cut into smaller pieces and boil.
Information provided by : 100 choice of local dishes from farming villages to fishing villages