- Wheat flour500g
- Baking soda10g
- Baking powder7.5g
- An (sweeten Azuki bean)800g
- Flour when dealing dough100g
- Sift flour and beat an egg.
- Mix sugar, milk, baking soda and baking powder. Mix in egg.
- Mix 2 into flour and knead together on the bench, adding flour if necessary.
- Roll An into 40g balls
*You can substitute An with figs, Okara, eggplants or walnuts.
*You can add a safflower or Mizuna in dough to add colors
- Divide the dough into 50g pieces. Make a ball and flatten it, and wrap an An ball inside.
- Place them with plenty of space between (because Manju will expand) inside of the hot steamer, and steam them 12-15 minutes. Do not steam them too longer because they may explode.
Information provided by : Saitama traditional local food recipe