for 5 persons
- Mochigome (glutinous sweet rice)4 cups
- Raw peanuts100g
- Azuki beans20g
- Roasted sesame (black)1 tea spoon
[ A:Seasoning ]
- Sugar2 Tbs
- Mirin2 tea spoons
- Soy sauce1 tea spoon
[ Water mix ]
- Salt1 Tbs
- Water2.5 cups
- Soak raw peanuts over night.
- Cook Azuki beans harder than normal (keep the water that beans are cooked in).
- Wash rice and soak it over night in the water that Azuki beans are cooked in.
- Cook soaked peanuts with plenty of water, once water is boiled, drain.
- Add new water in 4, and cook until peanuts are soft. Add seasoning A and cook for 30 minutes in mid heat.
- Drain rice, add peanuts and Azuki and steam it in a steamer.
- Steam it for 25 minutes, add salt water to the rice.
* You don’t cook rice with water, water is added later.
*Do not use raw peanuts after summer because they may have a smell
- Steam it for additional 10 minutes.
- Serve on the plate and add sesame on the top.
Information provided by : Chiba local dishes