Rice art, good on eyes and good on stomach
Shikaimaki has been around as a very technical makizushi (rolled sushi). It looks easy, but it is very difficult to make. Shikai means four seas. Four corners of this sushi represent waves of the sea.
for [:ja]1[:en]1[:de]1本分/[:ru]1本分/[:es]1本分/[:fr]1本分/[:it]1本分/[:ko]1本分/[:th]1本分/[:zh]1本分/[:ch]1本分/[:] persons
- Sushi Rice300g
- Sushi rice (pink)150g
- Atsuyaki Tamago (Japanese Omelet) (2cm width)3 sheets
- Nori3 sheets and 1/3
- Put together two sheets of nori. Lay pink sushi rice on the nori near you, and lay white sushi rice on the rest of nori. Roll it tight. It will look like a whorl.
- Cut 1 into 4 strips in long way.
- Put together 1 and 1/3 sheets of Nori. Place 1/4 of a cut whorl sushi in four corners and add three layers of Atuyaki Tamago in between. Make sure cut side of whorl sushi are facing outword in four corners. Courners should be sharp and roll into squire shaped sushi.
- * If you wish to have a skinnier version, use 1 and 1/2 sheets of nori for a whorl, and 1 nori for rolling in the end.
Information provided by : ふるさと料理 ちばの味