A healthy dish of tofu refuse rolled with round herring
The best season for kibinago (round herring) is from early summer to autumn. “Okara (tofu refuse)” is also called “kirazu”, and there exists another dish called “rokuyata” which uses sardines instead of kibinago.
for 1 persons
[ ingredients ]
- tofu refuse400g
- soy saucekosaji1
[ seasoning A ]
- Open the kibinago from its stomach using hands.
- Sprinkle salt on 1. and leave for about 10mins.
- Cut ginger into fine pieces, mix with tofu refuse and seasonings and fry with low heat for a very short while.
- Wash kibinago briefly with water. Mix seasoning A and dip the kibinago into it until they turn white.
- When 3. cools down, roll them into balls (25g each) and wrap with kibinago.
Information provided by : oishifudokochi