- Soy beans2.6 kg
- Barley (Oomugi, or Tsuki mugi)7.5kg
- Koji mold20g
- Roast soy beans and smash them into two pieces using the base of the bottles, and take out the skin
- Wash barley and soak it into water for three hours. (30 minutes if used Tsukimugi) drain
- Mix 1 and 2, let it rest for 30 minutes. Place it into hot steamer, and steam it for 40 minutes with a strong fire.
- Spread it onto a clean cloth and let it cool till the temporary drops less than 40℃. Sprinkle Koji mold.
- Keep the temperature of the mix from ３５〜３８℃ for 2 to 3 day and let it ferment. You can end this process when the Koji turns yellow.
- Dissolve salt into the hot water and let is cool. Mix with 5
- You can eat this after one month.
Information provided by : Saitama traditional local food recipe book