A typical "omotenashi" dish for people in Kagoshima Prefecture
Jidori no nitsuke (kiikon)
"Kiikon (cut)" was named after the way ingredients were cut and put in a pot for preparation. This is a dish cooked with chopped chicken on the bone, and is a nitsuke that is usually dished out as one of the celebration dishes. In the Kirishima area, this has been a typical "omotenashi" dish for the New Year and guests since the old days.
for [:ja]４[:en]for 4 people[:de]４[:ru]４[:es]４[:fr]４[:it]４[:ko]４[:th]４[:zh]４[:ch]４[:] persons
- chopped Jidori (locally produced chicken on the bone)300g
- dried shiitake mushrooms4-5
- usukuchi shoyu60～80cc
- oil1 and 1/2 tablespoons
- Soak dried shiitake mushrooms in water to dehydrate. Chop other ingredients in big pieces.
- Put oil in a pot, and cook the surface of chicken. Add water, dakon, carrots, gobou and shiitake mushrooms (the shiitake water as well).
- Once all the ingredients soaked the flavor in, dish out and put boiled kinusaya on the side.
Information provided by : NPOhojin kirishimasyokuikukenkyukai